Sunday, September 16, 2012

Landed in Macedonia!

Zdravo!

We made it safely to Macedonia after hours and hours of travelling, departing the hotel in the morning on Saturday, and arriving in Macedonia in the morning Sunday (with time change and all). We landed in Vienna, made our way to change, and hop on the plane to Macedonia.

Upon arrival, we had a couple of greeting clusters of volunteers and staff to welcome us to our new adventure. Though at this point, we didn't converse much, and scurried in the rain with our luggage to the bus that would be taking us to the hotel. Again, we had another crew of greeters at the hotel, who helped us carry our luggage up two flights of stairs. Me being the tiny person I am, managed to have both suitcases carried for me, which I was not expecting, but it was awesome all the same.

We had a little time to sit and rest, which I used to go through some of the new information and paperwork I found on my bed. I have one roommate, Jenny, who I roomed with when I was in DC.

I know I stated this on FB, but I'll say it for record on here, everyone is so COOL. We are such a great group as a collective and I can't wait to see how we grow. I'm much more confident now that I have met so many great people willing to make me feel comfortable, and I feel the same way about them. I had originally thought I was going to be the youngest person here, but there are three people that are younger than me.

The schedule in the previous post is what we will be following, so today should be fairly easy. Tomorrow begins more of the work. Also, I'll have you know, if you have any questions at all about the application process, I will do my best to assist.
I hope you enjoy my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds great, love! I'm so happy that you are feeling comfortable and more confident! I can't wait to hear more! <3

    ReplyDelete